Re: Landrover Sale (reminiscences)

To: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>, <Transmancat@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Landrover Sale (reminiscences)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:48:32 +0100
That's funny, mine had Morris Minor front suspension - the sort that lets
the wheel flop over at an angle when you go round a tight bend and the POs
haven't greased the suspension properly.  After a two week family holiday in
Cornwall and after belting home up the motorway I found one side was hanging
half off.  Gave me a helluva fright considering the speed we had been doing,
even though I know they usually only pop out on full lock.  Had to replace
both halves of the offending joint as they were so badly worn.  But what a
crap design - the whole weight of the car trying to push what is effectively
a nut off the open end of a bolt.

PaulH.