Windsheild to vent seals 77B

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windsheild to vent seals 77B
From: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:04:04 -0330
The windsheild & vent windows are installed in the 77. With great gusto I
pushed on the new windsheild to vent seal on the w/s frame and lo and
behold.............. you can't close the door!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least not without lots of effort and then sleepless nights worried about
the crack of doom on my doors. Anyone with expierience with this. Seems the
new is totally convex where the other is concave (from wear) I shall try to
manoveur the windsheild further front and the vents further back but I am
about as far as I can go. I have contemplated cutting a long vertical slit
in the new. I re-installed one of the old ones which works fine but looks
like crap but I can only find one. The other might have made the trash bin
over the winter.
Also had a great tip
from Steve Bettencourt for using a C clamp inside the fender to compress the
new
seals that worked well. Worked great. No risk of noticable damage either.
Matter of a fact the install was completed alone.
Yep, all by myself, not that I havn't got friends I just got a wife that
works evenings so it's usually late at night before I can get out to the
car.
Any suggestions anyone. Right now I am looking for the old seal or
contemplating not having any. I am not using those inner retainers either,
don't see the need or is there one?
Once again thanks all for the help and moral support.

Andy P. & the 77B