Re: Play in Pedals - MGA

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@apphosting.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Play in Pedals - MGA
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:03:31 -0700
The play is probably not at the master cylinder.  It is probably at the pivot
point of the pedals - which is not exactly part of the master cylindar.  I can
see it, but can't describe it - it is below the dash, and below the rubber
bellows, but I think the bolt itself is about at the height of the top of the
firewall.  Not much you can do about it but shim it, or get a bigger thing for
them to pivot on.  You could have brass bushings made custom for it, and that
would last the longest.

Phil Bates