Re: Play in Pedals - MGA

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Play in Pedals - MGA
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:24 -0600
At 02:42 PM 4/1/2000 +1000, Neil Cotty wrote:
>.... I want to fix the play I have in the pedals [MGA]. There is sideways
movement of over 1" on the clutch and the brake pedals. Can someone tell me
what needs replacing? The problem clearly lies at/around the master
cylinder - but what is worn exactly?

It is the pedal pivot bolt and the bronze bushings in the pedals.  I
replace the bolt and the bushings every few years, helps for a while but
doesn't last long.  Well, for me long would be more than 20K miles.  I've
about given up, nearly learned to just live with it now.  So far it doesn't
agrevate me enough to devise my own real solution.

Other things more pressing, like how do I get the mud from the Missouri
Endurance Rally out of the Chassis?  Maybe I'll just take it out to
Kickapoo State Park at Danville, IL, and run it through the spillway over
the dam a few more times.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg