RE: clutch master cylinder

To: "'rsexson@excite.com'" <rsexson@excite.com>
Subject: RE: clutch master cylinder
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:37:20 -0700
First check to see if the master is leaking.  That can be done without
removing the master.  Take the cover off the pedal box.  Peel the gray boot
back from the clutch master.  If the master has a main seal problem there
will be fluid in that boot area.  Another possibility is the one way valve
seal.  If it fails, fluid will return to the reservoir. Chances are one of
the seals bonded to the cylinder during storage, and has torn.  The remedy
is to put in a rebuild kit.  At this time original clutch masters are not
available, so do not return it for refund!!!!!!!!

The slave cylinder will leak if it is defective.  So long as there are no
leaks, and no air still present in the line, then the master is the problem.

Kelvin.