Re: Idle

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Idle
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:55:49 +0100
Check the carb linkages - on a B there is supposed to be a little play at
rest so the throttle cable isn't the part that is setting the idle, the idle
screws are.  I doubt you have HIFs, but if you had the poppet valves on the
throttle disks could be playing up.  Could also be intermittent air leaks,
or ignition problems.  If you have manifold vacuum to the distributor rather
than ported vacuum could be problems there too.

PaulH.