MGA on Cover of Victoria British Catalog

To: "MG Mail List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA on Cover of Victoria British Catalog
From: "Dean Crowley" <dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 11:04:13 -0500
Just got my issue of the Catalog and noticed my car is on the cover. How
kewl is that. Have a hard time convincing some of my friends that is  really
my car and even more trouble convincing them that the house in the back
ground surrounded by palm trees and beautiful mountains is my summer estate
in California. (It is not) Victoria British took a picture of my car last
Sept. at the K.C. All British meet. They gave me an MG cap or something and
asked if they could use the picture for advertising. They had several pages
of other MGAs to choose from so I figured it might be awhile before I ever
saw it used. They did a few computer enhancements that I thought were
interesting, changed the color slightly, brightened the chrome, put it in
the driveway of a mansion, and things of that nature. I just got the car
done after twenty years. I bought it in 1980 and took it apart. Then I took
the parts apart. Then I took those parts apart if you know what I mean. Then
I could not get it back together. I really don't know much about cars but
learned along the way. Had alot of help from a close friend. I had never
done any work like this before. Anyway, just a few words from a proud
owner...Sorry.

Sincerely,

Dean