Digital cameras (No LBC, directly)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, phax@eng.kns.com
Subject: Digital cameras (No LBC, directly)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:39:11 EDT
I don't sell digital cameras but I thought listers who are considering one
could use some info.  I went to the Photo Marketing Asso. trade show in
February and the latest PMA magazine has the results of the digital camera
shoot-out.  The trade show attendees (all photo dealers so they know good
pictures) choose the best photos from each price class without knowing which
camera took which photo.

In the under $300 class the best was the Kodak DC215.  Let me tell you, the
picture was impressive!  I am considering this camera for myself.

$300 to $599 was the Fuji MX-1700 Zoom.

$600 to $899 was the Toshiba PDR-M5.

$900 and above was the Oympus C2500L-SLR.

All of these cameras are worth a look if you are considering digital.

The original Shoot-out pics were in the aisle next to our display booth so I
got a good look at them.  Just thought you might like to here about this.  No
financial interest on my part.  YMMV!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget