Re: [clutch ] - Thanks and more questions

To: "James Porco" <jporco@juno.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [clutch ] - Thanks and more questions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:40:28 -0700
James Porco had this to say:

>Also, someone mentioned having the flywheel resurfaced, is this necessary
>if I purchase new a clutch plate kit?  Any resources and costs you can
>offer?

You want a new flywheel surface to mate properly with the new disc,
pressure plate, etc. Hate to get it all back together and have clutch
chatter...

Basic machine shop job, like turning brake drums or discs. Shouldn't cost
a whole lot -- don't recall what I last paid but I'd be surprised if it
exceeded $40. (Oh, that's right, I wound up buying a whole new flywheel,
because I did a transmission swap. You don't want to get into that.)

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149