Can I use a non-smog head on a '77 18V engine?

To: "Bruce Burrows" <bburrows@webtv.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Can I use a non-smog head on a '77 18V engine?
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <Lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:39:55 -0600 (MDT)
My 18GB engine gave up the ghost.  I have an '77 18V engine ready to replace
the 18GB with, however I have a question.

Some of you may recall that in Dec I purchased an AL head for my car.  I went
the non-smog route.  Now I would like to use that head on the '77 18V engine.
I am using a weber downdraft so I don't need the water choke.

Are there other problems that I will have using an early style non-smog head on
a '77 engine?

The car that the engine is going into is a '70 B, I have the engine because I
bought a running rusted parts car.  I don't have to worry about smog testing,
though I don't expect it would be a problem anyway.

Thanks!

Andrew