Re: [Re: Brakes?]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Brakes?]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:41:03 -0700
Dragging could be caused by a piston not retracting properly in the
caliper. Don't recall if you had rebuilt them or not. If not, I'd look
for rust or old, stiff seals. If so, then incorrect seal installation or
scratches/rough spots on a piston. Though it would be surprising if this
happened on both sides. A leak or loose bleeder valve might cause them to
fail to retract, also, but you would notice mess or the lack of brake
pressure first, I would think.

Matthew Trebelhorn had this to say:

--

Max Heim