Part needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Part needed
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:32:19 -0400
I located a set of standard thrust washers from British Spares West in
Canoga Park. My thanks to all who helped, it was frustrating to have my
motor just sitting there in need a nickle and dime part. On the down
side here it appears if I am lucky my 97 sable might 'only' need a head
gasket it might need a new engine :-(   Btw, Has anyone ever seen a
spark plug (new) melt from a car over heating? I guess the temp guage
was not working. I would have thought the car place that plugged it in
to see why the car was running funny the day before it melted down had
been able to sense the car was hot. I will check to see if they put the
right plugs in ( I can at least hope they screwed up and put too hot
plugs in) other than that anyone have experiance with late model (97)
fords?

On the good side I just bought a 74 B today. It is very solid and well
cared for and sold for a 'really' low price. With this I have
transportation while the other is getting fixed and then I can sell it
and just about pay for the job :-l

Carl