Re: Example of an obnoxious email!

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Example of an obnoxious email!
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:38:58 -0500
At 04:54 PM 4/18/2000 PDT, Simon Matthews wrote:
>On many occasions, I have been prepared to accept Ed's somewhat acerbic
style as merely that -- a poor email style. However, I think this email is
conclusive proof that this assumption is wrong and Ed is deliberately
obnoxious in his posts.

>Ed, I might has considered buying from you when circumstances were right.
I will certainly not now!

>Simon
>
>>From: JustBrits@aol.com
>>To: simon_atwork@hotmail.com
>>Subject: Re: Virus Warning
>>Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:52:18 EDT

.... [Irrelevant content of private messsage deleted] ....

>>Ed

I don't think any of us would ever accuse the world of being entirely fair,
but there are some things we should all strive not to do, regardless of how
p*ssed off we might get.  One of those things is to forward a private
message to the open list without the originator's consent.  This is indeed
an obnoxious email!

I don't generally give a damn how obnoxious Ed is in public or in private,
but I defened his right to keep a private message private.  I'm sure Ed did
what he thought he had to do to keep such commentary off the list, and it
ain't his fault that it showed up here.  Everybody get my drift?  For the
record, if I send someone a private message I would like it to stay that way.

$.02,

Barney Gaylord (now a member of the once-in-a-lifetime list police)
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg