Re: Running without a thermostat/2 cents

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Running without a thermostat/2 cents
From: Christopher Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:27:38 -0400
Eric -

Generally, running without a thermostat isn't recommended, as the
restriction imposed by the thermostat has an affect on the water flow (not
so much how fast, but <where>).

Water will follow the path of least resistance to flow, and the thermostat
adds resistance at a key point.  If you MUST run without a thermostat, use
a blanking sleeve to approximate the desired resistance.

Also, running with the choke out longer has a tendency to wash oil off of
the bores of the cylinders, increasing wear there.

Chris K.