RE: Heater fan switch

To: djw69@idt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Heater fan switch
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:33:47 -0400
Do not remove it Dave,

If the switch is faulty, it is easier and cheaper to fix the switch itself.
Remove the rocker. This can be done by making it loose from the housing at
the pivot point with a screwdriver.
Be carefull to be able to catch all things which may come out!
Once you have got all things out, it's time for a thorough cleaning session.
You can use white spirit - don't get drunk!

After this is done, apply a small amount of lightweight grease to the moving
part and reassemble everything together again. The switch should work now,
although a quick flipping of the rocker is essential - mine sometimes still
is sticky when operated slowly. It works still however.
One of the former Dutch listers had made a relay in this circuit, which
improved the fan efficiency very much. (replacing the poor contact
interconnectivity bullet connectors might help even better I think - the
same as a brake booster does not improve faulty brakes....)

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT