touch-up paint codes

To: "MG list (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: touch-up paint codes
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 00:52:51 -0700
Hi everyone.

First of all, thank you to everyone who has been so helpful with the
questions i have posted over the last few weeks. I'm taking each little job
one step at a time, and loving every minute of it. The resounding response
to my last mail was to check out the springs rather than be fooled by the
mismatch of the hydraulic units. I have enrolled the help of a friend who
has the tools for the job, so it looks like replacing the front springs will
be the first major DIY project. Actually the second... the first was sorting
out all the glitches in the electrics which i did last week (all on my own
too, i might add!)

well i had a saga today. I've been trying to find touch-up paint for the
occasional gravel chips on my '79 MGB. The colour is british leyland white
(AKA ermine white or porcelain white), and the paint codes are (apparently)

Factory code    BLVC 243, NMC/NME/NAF/NCG*
Ault & Wiborg/ Berger/ Gipgloss         32335, 36133
ICI     FA 78
PPG/ Ditzler (US)       90106
Dupont (US)     H7896
Glasso/ Rinshed Mason (US)      9734

I wound up touring every auto shop in town, the last of which told me i
could make a 20-mile trip to a nearby paint warehouse where they would be
able to mix me up a quart. (apparently it'll be "useful to have some spare"
!  )

So I'm sure that people in the know such as yourselves will have come up
with a better solution. mail order? web sites? Unless i'm being stupid the
victoria british catalogue doesn't seem to have paint.

Thanks a lot for your help again!

cheers

Joe

_________________