RE: iron-clad law of distribution WAS Excuses... WAS example...

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: iron-clad law of distribution WAS Excuses... WAS example...
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:44:29 -0400
Every once in a while an iron clad law gets broken.  Especially around
here...

We ordered a bundle of brake parts for Marcy's Magnette through Jeff
Zorn (Little British Car Company, www.LBCarCo.com).  Well, I got stupid
and ordered 4 left side brake cylinders, instead of 2 rights and 2
lefts.  Upon realizing my mistake (Tuesday evening, after we had settled
down to start reassembling the brakes), I dropped Jeff an e-mail.

Before I went to bed that night, I got a reply (a) expressing dismay
that he hadn't caught my mistake (b) indicating that he'd try to get me
a pair of right side cylinders ASAP, and (c) that I should just send him
back the two extra lefts.  When I checked e-mail the next morning, there
was a note that they were packed and awaiting the UPS man.  According to
UPS, they should be here today or tomorrow.

The price was at or below any other source I could find, the
availability was all I could ask for, and the service was outstanding.

Do I like Jeff?  Yes.  Will he get my business again (and again and
again)?  Yes.  Is this an unabashed plug?  Well, yes, but I don't gain
anything by it.

Is this an unusual experience from the businessfolks on the list?  No.

WE HAVE SOME GREAT RESOURCES ON THE LIST (including Ed, caustic though
he may be at times), AVAIL YOURSELF OF THEM!