Re: Leaky oil sump and front tappet cover

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: Leaky oil sump and front tappet cover
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:22:58 -0500
  You should be aware that there is a rubber o-ring on each of the
tappet cover bolts.  Be sure to renew that ring too.

  I have used silicone gasket cement on the cork gaskets successfully.
You just have to use it sparingly IME.  It's a good idea to cement the
front tappet cover gasket  to the cover ahead of time, as another lister
said.  Otherwise, it's easy to get that gasket misaligned and spoil the
job.  I've never replaced the tappet cover gaskets & seals without
removing the manifolds first so as to be sure it's done correctly.

  Good luck,

  CR