Re: Leaky Oil Sump part II

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: Leaky Oil Sump part II
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 13:12:21 -0500
Hi Enrique,

  I recently tore down an 18V engine.  There were no washers under the
main cap bolts.  Moreover, there are no counterbores on the 1 & 5 caps
for washers, such as are found on earlier blocks that use studs, washers
and nuts.  Taking all this together, I deduce that there aren't supposed
to be washers on the main bolts in the 18V engine.

  With the above in mind, I figure you found no washers on the bolts
when you took it apart and so you decided to add some.  If this be true,
you should take the washers out and retorque the main bolts.

  CR