Underdash cable routing 69

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Underdash cable routing 69
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:41:33 -0700
I was helping a pal put his car together, and we were puzzled as to how
the heater control cables were supposed to be routed under the dash. This
is on a 69 MGB roadster. The flap control cable seems to be so short as
to not have much of a choice. The water valve control cable could go over
or under the defroster hoses (currently "over", meaning it is between the
defroster hose and the underside of the dash). The perceived problem is
that both cables are in a position where they interfere with the fresh
air vent opening -- it can only open to the second detent position. This
area is not well documented in the usual sources (to put it mildly). Can
anyone who has a 69 (or 68-70, if you know they are the same) take a look
under there and describe the situation? (this is only if your heater
controls actually work, of course). TIA,

Max (whose '66 has nice, short, straight cable runs)

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149