Re: MGB HARNESS

To: "George Re" <mgman71@bestweb.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB HARNESS
From: "RL Chrysler" <lchrysl@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 23:19:16 -0400
George wrote:
>Can someone help me?. I have a BMC roadster harness with the
>part number BMC AHH8777
>what year MGB does this fit? Is it a main harness or a dash
>or rear harness if anyone knows please let me know.

George,
According to my BMC Mechanical Service Parts List #AKD 3547 your harness AHH
8777 applies to "North America chassis #G-HN4, G-HD4-138401USA, 153878 to
158230 Canada".
In layman's terms I believe this means G-HN4 series(roadsters), and G-HD4
series(GT's)commencing with chassis 138401 and running to chassis 158230, in
other words, the early full syncro gearbox cars with the new gearbox tunnel
arrangement and the North American spec "federalized dash", beginning
production in late 1967, most of which were dated as 1968's and into 1969's.
Hope this helps.