Re: once is accident, twice is happenstance, and three times, Mr Bond, i

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: once is accident, twice is happenstance, and three times, Mr Bond, is enemy action.
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:01:10 -0700
Joe,

My 72 B has an occasional problem right after I fill up the gas tank and
drive a short distance and park in the sun.  I found that the gas expanded,
filling the carbon canister.  When trying to start, it sucks out the gas
from the canister and floods the engine.  This can be overcome by
disconnecting the hose from the canister to the carb temporarily and it will
start just fine.  I don't know how to prevent it except to not fill up and
park in the sun on a warm day before using up a gallon or so of gas.  If you
park with the front higher than the back the expanding gas will run out the
back gas filler cap.  Incidentally, this doesn't do much good for the carbon
filter either.  I usually just leave the hose disconnected until I think to
put it back on sometime later.

Dave