Re: $#%^&@ Front Tonneau Snaps

To: mgs@autox.team.net, BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: $#%^&@ Front Tonneau Snaps
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:58:23 EDT
Hi Bob,
What kind of snaps are installed? My 'B' has 3 'lift the dot" type posts on
the top of the dash under the windscreen for the full cover.....they never
come loose.
I have seen button snaps on the dogleg in the tonneau just behind and outside
the vent window....but I don't use them.
My only experience with loosening button snaps is the one on the passenger's
side just behind the door. When travelling at higher speeds with the
passenger's side covered (half-tonneau) this occasionally comes
off....apparently from air getting underneath the covered half and lifting. I
generally reach over and resnap it.
Perhaps you can replace the snaps with the posts....they're VERY secure.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN 3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398 L