Re: Sprite brakes (was 69 mgb brakes and fuel sender/retry)

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite brakes (was 69 mgb brakes and fuel sender/retry)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:42:17 -0700
Well, I was thinking that the pistons might not be pushed out to their
normal "parking" position. I always assumed the adjustment instructions
were for a "loaded" brake system (after all, you don't drain the fluid
for your regular rear brake adjustment). Anyway, I wouldn't panic about
it until you did have them bled. The other thing is you might have the
shoes reversed. Don't really know how they go in the Sprite, but
oftentimes they are not symmetrical, end-to-end, or even side-to-side.
I'm sure you know that, however.

RL Chrysler had this to say: