Re: Electric MGA

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric MGA
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:43:27 -0400
Allen said:

>And the conversion only costs $115,068, plus the cost of a '57 MGA.  The
home
>page says, "We are developing a kit so that anyone can convert a 1957 MGA,
>into an electric vehicle."  As if there are all those '57 MGAs just sitting
>around.  I think they have a way to go before they approach something
>practical.
>
>Besides, Honda has a hybrid car on the market already, and it probably has
>disk brakes.

And I think it costs quite a bit less.  And the Honda is worth even less
than the cost.  Of course the MGAs keep appreciating in value, so I would
have an easier time justifying such a conversion.  Sooner or later it could
pay off.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
Bloomfield, NJ
"The definition of cynic is one who knows the price of everything and the
value of nothing."  --- Mark Twain