"basket case" title? (MD)

To: mglist <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: "basket case" title? (MD)
From: Adam Arabian <arabian@allegronet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 09:37:56 -0400
New question:

I am transporting my untitled basket case 51 TD to maryland to finish
putting it together.  What options exist for re-titling a car that
basically doesnt exist in paperwork anymore?  A title was issued in '51
and was lost in the intervening years, and the transfer to me was just a
friendly purchase of a beat up hulk.  According to the state of
Maryland, I have to get the title re-issued, but thats kinda tough based
on the availability of the person I got it from in the first place.

Anyone have any experience with this?  I'm wondering what the procedure
would be if I had pieced it together from a bunch of other cars (which
is basically what it will be by the time I replace everything that needs
replacing).

Thoughts?

Advice?

TIA