Re: Tires

To: "Don & Donna K." <molly@swns.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 20:24:26 -0600
I have Avon Turbosteel 165 14's.  They are sticky enough, and they are also
cheap.  I think I got them at British Wire Wheel for something more like $60
each than the Coker $138.  I'm not sure which Coker tire was $138, but if it
is the Michelen XZX, I would not call them sticky.  They are very good in
the dry, but get the wet, and they are a bit hard.  I did a spin in my MGB
with them on wet road once - granted I was going too fast, and the pitch of
the road was the wrong way.  I have heard the XWX or the XAS is the tire to
have, but if I remember right they are more like $200 each from Coker.