Re: Beware of "I Love You" Virus-Reply

To: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>, "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@excite.com>,
Subject: Re: Beware of "I Love You" Virus-Reply
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 19:29:47 +0100
This virus has today mutated into one with a subject heading of 'Fwd:  Joke'
but has the same giveaway .VBS suffix to the attachment.  All the 'hard
work' was done by the original writer but since the active part of the virus
is more-or-less written in English it doesn't take much knowledge (I
deliberately didn't use the word 'intelligence') to modify it to
superficially look like something else that might encourage people to open
it.  As I say, the giveaway is the .VBS suffix - watch out for them.

PaulH.