Valve Job on 70 B

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Job on 70 B
From: "kcmgb" <kcmgb@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 14:20:04 -0500
I need advice on having a valve job done on a 70 B. My first Question is
this ...If I have the valve job done ONLY will the added compression gain
blow out the rings  and the bottom end say a year from now or sooner?  I
have asked a number of people this and got a number of yes'es and no's
Question Two...Should I do the little extras like a 3 angle grind , port and
polishing, heaver springs, lifters, comp.copper head gasket now? This car
will be a daily driver for now with the possability of a street cam and
other HP goodys down the road. Should I invest in the long haul now or wait
til I do the whole thing  I have a limited budget to the basics but I would
be willing to pay for the extras now IF it will pay off NOW. Any advice
would be helpful......thanks