Re: Funny Noise when Braking Hard

To: <BobMGT@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Funny Noise when Braking Hard
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:04:22 +0100
I had exactly that kind of noise on the V8 when the engine mounting plates
were on the wrong sides which moved the engine forward 1/2" or so.  The
pulley was rubbing on the (uprated) anti-roll bar.  The sump was also
resting on the cross-member and eventually wore through - it was the oil
leak that alerted me to what was really wrong with the setup.

PaulH.