The Pits

To: "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Pits
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 22:41:28 +0100
Hi all.

This is for those of you who've been having a bad day.

We started on building an inspection pit in my garage on Monday-this is what
happened....

Road saw hired to cut concrete floor-saw too big to cut near enough to the
walls. Changed it for a Bosch electric jackhammer.

Floor two layers thick-nearly 10" of concrete. A neighbour who wanted the
broken concrete for hardcore had gone out and bought some so I had to pay to
dispose of it.

Planning a pit 66" deep we dug down. At exactly 56", hit main sewer which
was positioned 8 feet from where the drainage plans said it was. In fact, it
lies precisely down the centreline of the pit and at one end, a 'slow bend'
from my house's bathroom enters the main drain.

Builder bought and fitted plastic lining sheet in two halves, with a 12"
overlap across the transverse centreline of the pit. He hasn't sealed the
two halves together and the pit base concrete is in (I had to go out).

I now have a 54.5" pit (kneeler/sitter rather than the planned standing
access) with a big bump in one corner, a rapidly emptying pit fund account
and a headache.

Has your day been this bad?

Cheers,

David Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html