Re: Valve timing

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve timing
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:54:17 -0700
Simon,

It appears to me that the value is just starting to open when the rocker
just begins to touch the valve stem.  Just closing would be when the value
is fully open and then just starts to come back up (rocker starts to move
up).  Just for the heck of it why don't you check the timing when the valves
in # 4 cylinder are rocking - exhaust just closing and inlet valve just
opening.  This should indicate TDC on #1 within plus or minus 5 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Dave 72 B