Painting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting
From: Rhbuxton@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 19:19:28 EDT
Hi All,
I am ready to start painting parts of my MGB and would like to ask for some
advice.  In the past I have always used DuPont Centari paint, with the
hardener, and have been pleased with the results.  The newer urethane base
and top coat systems seem interesting but I have been told there are real
health issues and the mask that I have always used is not good enough, I need
a fresh air supply to meet the needs of the new paints.  Is this true?  Are
there any of the newer paints that can be painted in the traditional methods?
 I have always lost money in my car painting endevors but the sense of
satisfaction of having done it outweighs the cost.  If there is a better way
possible I would like to give it a try.  What do you think?
Rick