Re: LBC guy buys BIG BC

To: Tomsaudi@aol.com
Subject: Re: LBC guy buys BIG BC
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 00:43:43 -0400 (EDT)
Between my father and I, we own:
90 Range Rover - dads
70 MGB GT - mine
71 MGB GT - dads
70 Land Rover '88 - dads, but I want it, there is an ongoing dispute
95 Buick Regal - dads, was grandmothers before she passed away
95 Saturn SC2 - mine (going up for sale soon)

I drove the Range Rover for quite a while and my dad is still driving it.
We bought it used in 95 and it has nothing but pleasure for us. It gets
around 20-21 MPG on the highway and feels like a very very solid car. The
only major problems we have had with it were two valve lifters breaking,
an easy fix. I hate SUV's with a extreme passion, the Range Rover is the
only exception I make to that hate. Not only does it feel like it's solid,
it drives and shows like it and handles offroading like a champ. Getting
tires can be somewhat of a hassle, but Tire America usually knows what to
do. Changing the transmission oil filter can also be somewhat confusing as
there is a frame cross member that *appears* to be welded in place and
blocking access, remember, it just bolts on. The only other problems we
have had with it are the alternator dying (big deal) the radio head
falling apart and some contacts on the automatic window buttons getting
dirty. It may take a while to get used to the handling and controls
feedback. Unlike an MG, you cant steer the Range Rover, you aim it. There
is almost no feedback in the steering wheel. As for handling, it does a
pretty good job, considering the size, weight and high center of gravity.

I think you'll like your Range Rover, let me know if you have any
problems, I can do my best to give you a hand... If I was asked to choose
the most reliable of all the cars I would pick the Saturn then the Range
Rover. The Range Rover simply doesnt care what you put it through and how
you treat it.

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || What kills you makes me stronger.
geoffeg@sloth.org ||