MGB/C rear axle question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB/C rear axle question
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 00:39:57 -0700
Hey all,

I'm working on a good write-up of the MGB-GT run at "Rim".  I've
been trying to get some press releases out and so forth, the list
will get a story though!  On press releases -- I know very little
of this.  If anyone has good journalistic advice, I'd love to hear
it!

Here's my query.  Rear axles.  Kelvin told me that the 3.9 is pretty
much it for the tube type axle.  Just out of curiousity, what was
used in the autobox versions of the MGB and C?  I'm kind of out of luck
in the diff ratio department.  If I weren't running the California
"stock" class, and stuck strictly to SCCA Group 2, I could run an
earlier rear axle with different gears.  However, the stock class limits
me to only rear axle housings which were stock on that type of car.
All the GTs had tube rear axles.

So, I'm looking for ideas.  And maybe a limited slip for a limited budget.

If we survive a season or two, I'll probably modify the car to a Group 2
spec, and then all sorts of things open up.  For now, since we've got
the points lead in "stock", I want to stay legal.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/