Alternator Problems 77B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Problems 77B
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 21:27:43 -0400
(Third try at sending this)

FYI,  this morning I noticed that the Ignition lamp was flickering at the end of

my morning 55 mile commute.  Popped the bonnet, lifted the cap off of the
alternator plug and applied my handy pocket-sized DVM.  Sure enough, no more
than 12.65 volts.  Left work a bit early to avoid a possible rainstorm with its
call for wipers, i.e., electrical energy.  When I got home I took the car to my
local AutoZone store and let them put their tester on the system.  They
concurred, it's NFG (Not Functioning Good).  They'll have a new one for me by
Tuesday.  Love those LifeTime Warranties.  BTW, this one was installed November
25, 1998  and lasted about 20,000 miles.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/