Re: Please read and advice (if possible)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Please read and advice (if possible)
From: Kristian Chronister <kris.chronister@fuelna.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:46:24 -0400
This makes me wonder about something:

What is a normal level of "pressurization" within the valve cover? Mine, for
instance, gives out a "poof" of pressure if I take the oil fill cap off
while the engine is idling. It's not huffing out smoke or anything, but
obviously is maintaining a bit of pressure in the cover while running. Is
that normal? Should the blow pipe to the air cleaner release ANY/ALL
pressure in the cover?

There is some very, very minor oil leakage around one of the two hold-down
nuts on top of the cover, but I think that likely attributable to my
forgetting to goop it up with sealant last time...

Kris