Ignition upgrades

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition upgrades
From: Kimo Tichgelaar <77MGB@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
After a long wait, I am starting work on my 77B roadster.  As part of this,
I will be adding a Petranox (sp?) electronic igition (in place of the points
system) and a Lucas sports coil.  With this setup, I have two questions.
First, should I use a balast resistor?  Second, what plug gap would you
recommend?

TIA for the help.  Expect lots more questions soon (new wiring harness,
suspension & brake rebuild, Weber carb rebuild, the list goes on...)

Kimo Tichgelaar
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid questioners."