Re: 1 1/2 inch carbs

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1 1/2 inch carbs
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 07:19:58 -0700
Hi, Blake,

Just as I thought...............your sources were mostly books which listed
special tuning tips the owner could do after purchasing the car.

If the factory manuals state that the head had been "milled and ported" when
the XPAG was developed to use 1-1/2" SUs, I'd appreciate a page reference.
That was the "fact" that I questioned most.

I guess my questions stemmed from the fact that your original post started
out as though you were telling the original writer about the factory's use
of 1-1/2" carbs, but most of what you wrote was suggestions as to what could
or should be done to an XPAG engine if larger than original carbs were
fitted.

Lawrie