Re: No green power

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No green power
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:10:29 +0100
Enrique,

I can never remember the year or origin of your (or anyone else's, for that
matter) car but some years of UK cars had three separately fused green
circuits (one off the fuse block and the other two off the white/brown)
which North American cars didn't have.  Non North American LHD cars could
have been the same as UK.

In any case there are many 4-way bullet connectors that distribute the green
circuit around the car in a series of branches and it could well be that one
of these has a wire pulled out that is cutting off power to a section of the
tree.

Not sure what you mean by 'accessory outlet', but most years had an
accessories position on the ignition switch that feeds the radio (and
washers, wipers and heater fan on some years of both UK and NA cars) on a
green/black with in-line fuses that is nothing to do with the green circuit.

On a typical diagram some of the circuits you mention don't meet up till
they get back to fuse block, are you sure all connectors are making good
contact with the spades and if after-market crimp connectors with the wires
also?

PaulH.