RE: What is a Replica?

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: What is a Replica?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:54:21 -0400
I have seen a number of times an automobile that looks like an old
classic open roadster ala Caddy or Olds. But based entirely on a Midget
tub. Now that 400 cu in engine would never fit in a Midget but is it a
Midget or a caddy or just a cool car???

Larry

At this exact moment in time 5/25/00 2:47 PM, tab@penworks.com made the
profound statement:

>I think part of the confusion comes from the kits sold in the 70s and 80s
>that were "RepliCars" - typically some fiberglass way-cool body slapped on
>top of something much less flashy, like a VW frame/engine.  A lot of people
>started thinking of the "Replicars" as "replicas", but they weren't, really.
>
>- Tab

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up