Re: New lister, broken thermostat housing bolt.

To: "Chris Rose" <chris_rose@totalise.co.uk>
Subject: Re: New lister, broken thermostat housing bolt.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:19:21 -0700
There have been several comprehensive replies to this question, but I
just thought I should clarify one point for Chris: that broken fastener
is, or should be, a stud, not a bolt. Using a bolt for the thermostat
housing is a mistake, since if the bolt is even a fraction of an inch too
long, you will doubtless break it off attempting to tighten it, and be
right back in the same situation. Make sure you get the correct studs
when you are putting it all back together.

Good luck with the extraction!

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149