Free Jag Engine [OT]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Free Jag Engine [OT]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:21:19 -0700
Hi Listers

This is somewhat off topic but I know there are a few Jaguar afficionados
on the list that may be interested. Yesterday I spotted a Jaguar 6
cylinder engine sitting on the curb with a sign on it. I stopped to check
it out. The sign read "Free engine. 1976 Jaguar XJ6. Engine was running
OK. Sorry, no car."

I can only assume this is a leftover from one of the Chevy V8
conversions. This was on the corner of Hoover and 18th in Redwood City,
CA. No phone number was given. I don't think they wanted to ship it
anywhere, it was just free for pick-up. So it's probably for Northern
Californians only. Still, a pretty expensive piece of hardware to go
begging, even if it needs work.

If anyone is seriously interested in picking this up, you can email me
directly for directions.

Max
(I thought about nabbing it for my B, but decided it wouldn't fit under
the bonnet <g>)

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149