no spark

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: no spark
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 02:34:41 -0700
The other night I was coming home and my '79 B was low on gas but I
thought I would fill it tomorrow...
so, as I turned a corner about a quarter mile from my house, the car
coughed, sputtered and then died completely.
I went and got gas and put that in.... nothing.
Checked filter and removed the line from the carb to check for gas, and
gas was coming out on schedule.
Removed a plug and looked for spark... no spark.
Poked around and looked at everything, it looked okay, and so I switched
the coil and cleaned all the relevant connections... still no start, and
still no spark.
Any ideas?
Mike Jose
driving his dad's cherry but boatlike 66 Mustang