Re: The Final Shimmy

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Final Shimmy
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:30:42 -0500
At 05:40 PM 5/31/2000 -0700, Dan DiBiase wrote:
>I took an extra minute to re-look at my bushings, and they definitely are
a bit compressed. So, looks like a good winter project for me. ....

Winter project?  Sounds more like an after dinner gig to me (well, almost).
 Why wait?  A few members of our local club rebuilt the entire front end of
a '76 MGB less than two weeks ago, and it was done in one short day.  I
have posted 40 pictures of the job on the club server.  See here for the
photo tour of MGB front suspension rebuild:
    http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/mgb_susp/mgb_susp1.html
Click on small pics to see larger pics.

Also, for do-it-at-home reaming of the horizontal bronze bushings, check here:
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/suspensn/susp1.htm

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg