Re: MGTD Paint

To: elan@efortress.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGTD Paint
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 05:56:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 3:26:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
elan@efortress.com writes:

<< I am trying to find the origional paint colors for a 1953 MGTD. Does the
 ID plate have the interior/exterior codes on it?
 Steve >>

My 52 TD was completely resprayed a burgandy color, including the grill
slats.  I couldn't locate the original color anywhere, except when I removed
the ID plates.  There it was, the Ivory/Cream color.  Researching the various
books (Clausager et al) I noticed that the Ivory exterior was matched up with
either a red or a green interior.  Since my interior was now a redone in a
fine Corinthian nawgahyde, I figured I would never know the original interior
color...... until I started to refurbish the grill slats.  Under a layer of
burgandy and a blue, there was this apple green color.  Since the grill slats
were painted to match the interior, I now know the interior color as well.

It is only through this sluething that you will be able to determine your
original color.  The BMHIT certificates don't go back that far.