Re: wierdest starting problem solved, and carb hearsay

To: "MG list (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wierdest starting problem solved, and carb hearsay
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:12:27 -0700
Hmmm, I dunno, my pal's Alpine used to pass with a DGV. This was before
it was age-exempt. Frankly, since the testing is done at commercial
garages, not state facilities, you can get away with a lot of nonstandard
equipment, so long as you pass the actual emissions test. The operators
don't pretend to be experts on every model of obscure vehicle that
wanders in -- they just stick the probe up the tailpipe (so to speak).
They used to look for NOx devices (retrofit to older vehicles), but
stopped doing that some years ago

Barney Gaylord had this to say:

--

Max Heim