Tachometer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tachometer
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 17:41:48 -0500
Please forgive me if this subject has already been beat up on this list,
since I'm new to the list.

We're preparing a 1960 Elva for vintage racing, and the owner desires
the original MGA electronic tach to be installed. I can't get it to work
and don't know if I'm hooking it up wrong or if the tach is bad.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to check the tach other than running it in the car?

2. We have changed from positive to negative ground - will this cause a
problem?

3. We have hooked it up so that one white wire goes to the switched side
of the ignition switch, and the other white lead goes to the coil. We
have connected the yellow wire to positive. No dice. We have switched
the white wires around, but it still doesn't work. Needle soesn't move.

I'd appreciate any help someone can give, or directions to a site where
I can read up on it.

Thanks!

uncle jack