Re: Bonnet Blues - last chorus

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bonnet Blues - last chorus
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 21:26:33 +0000
Kristian Chronister wrote:

> Tattier, huh?
>
> Anyone feeling grim about their paint should take a look at mine...
> SPO painted it a shade I can only describe as "awful blue" with red
> interior, grille, piping and wheels. Or, as my wife calls it, "the
> circus clown look."
>
> If you can stand the horror, see http://kristian.chronister.com/
> car.html.

... and a fine face of make-up it is, too!

Hey, most photos of my car make it look better than it is.  The main
problem being that the paint is only a few microns thick - as the patch
that came off the door when I peeled off my racing numbers can testify
to - I know use magnetic numbers :-)

The Primrose is faded almost to off-white (yeah, a cut-and-polish might
do it good... or it might 'cut' the paint down to bare metal :-)

I guess I should include a link to pictures of the car, but it has
changed (as it always is) so that it no-longer has the cute wire wheels
and, of course, at the moment has an old and scratched and rusty red
bonnet/hood - which I haven't got pictures of.  It has racing stickers
permanently on it and right now the top (midfold) has been permanently
removed while I get the half-cage rollbar fitted.

The poor thing doesn't feel very pretty, but I promise that it will be
lovely again... in a future life (no rust here).

So for those who like the 'diamond in the rough' things in life...  but
as I said, she comes up better in photographs...

For those who have been there before... move along, nothing to see here
(nothing much has changed in to photo department.  Wait until the new
bonnet... next weekend.

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb
http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mallala/nov6_99.html

Eric