Re: Trunk lid won't open

To: gbaker@customcpu.com
Subject: Re: Trunk lid won't open
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:27:11 -0500

On Sun, 04 Jun 2000 22:21:32 -0800 gbaker@customcpu.com (Baker, G.)
writes:
> All,
>    I need an idea to open a trunk on a 69 MGB that has a
> nonfunctioning
> latch.
> Tried to open it and the button feels the same but the trunk won't
> open.  I've removed the backup lights and tag/backing plate and
> messed
> with it with wire and some small brake line but I'm coming to the
> "go
> crazy" time.
> ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
> Thank You,
> Gregg Baker

One of our club members had this problem.  He called John Twist at
University Motors and John gave either sold him a tool or gave him a
design for a tool (I don't remember which) to open the trunk on a B.  It
is a long, bent rod that inserts through the backup light(?) and winds
around to flip the latch.

Anyway, contact Twist, he'll help you out.  His info is on
www.universitymotors.com.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII